Nel 2009, si è laureata al programma di Fotografia Documentaria e Fotogiornalismo del Centro Internazionale di Fotografia a New York e da allora lavora come fotografa freelance.
Nel suo lavoro personale spesso guarda nella sua terra natale, l’Artico, scoprendo e catturando i mondi remoti e le persone che li abitano.
Arbugaeva è stata vincitrice di varie competizioni. Ha ricevuto l’ICP Infinity Award, il Leica Oskar Barnack Award e la Magnum Foundation Emergency Fund Grant.
Il suo lavoro è stato esposto a livello internazionale ed è apparso su riviste come National Geographic, Mare, Le Monde e The New Yorker.
Gallerie ed esposizioni
– Amani series on view at Photo London, Photographers’ Gallery stand. 18-21 May 2017.
5 May–18 June 2017
– Traces of the Future exhibiton of Evgenia Arbugaeva and Mariele Neudecker at the Nunnery Gallery, London. January 27, 2017 to March 26, 2017
– Weather Man series on view at Photographers’ Gallery booth at Photo London. May 19 – 22th 2016.
– Arctic Stories. Exhibition at the Photographers’ Gallery, London. November 5th – January 16th 2016.
– Tiksi is exhibited at the Fotoistanbul Festival, Turkey.
– Weather Man series is exhibited at the Cortona On The Move Festival, Italy. July 16th – September 27th, 2015
– Evgenia receives ICP Infinity Award 2015 as a Young Photographer
– Weather Man series is exhibited in In Camera gallery, Paris, France. February 12th to April 4th 2015.
– Weather Man story is published in the New Yorker magazine. December 15th, 2014 issue.
– Exhibited at the Rencontres Internationales de la Photographie en Gaspésie, Canada. July to mid September 2014.
– Group exhibition Lost Sound at Abbey Saint-André, France. July 18th – November 2nd, 2014
– Leica Oskar Barnack exhibition in Leica Gallery Warsaw, Poland. June 25 – August 5 2014
– Weather Man series is exhibited as part of 10 x 10 exhibition in Leica Gallery Wetzlar, Germany.
May 23 – September 30th, 2014
– Tiksi exhibition in In Camera Gallery Paris, France. December 12th, 2013 – February 8th, 2014
– Tiksi is part of the exhibition ARCTIC in Louisiana Museum, Denmark. September 25th, 2013 – February 2nd, 2014
– Tiksi exhibition in Sint-Pieter Abbey in Ghent, Belgium. June 7th – September 1st 2013.
– Mammoth Hunters story is published in National Geographic magazine.
– Evgenia is a winner of Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2013