EN- Irving Penn (June 16, 1917 – October 7, 2009) was an American photographer known for his fashion photography, portraits, and still lifes. Penn’s career included work at Vogue magazine, and independent advertising work for clients including Issey Miyake, and Clinique. His work has been exhibited internationally, and continues to inform the art of photography.
IT – Irving Penn (16 Giu 1917 – 7 ottobre 2009) è stato un fotografo americano noto per le sue fotografie di moda, ritratti e nature morte. La carriera di Penn ha incluso il lavoro per la rivista Vogue, e il lavoro di pubblicità indipendente per clienti tra cui Issey Miyake, e Clinique. Il suo lavoro è stato esposto a livello internazionale, e continua a comunicare l’arte della fotografia.
- 1975: Recent Works, Photographs of Cigarettes, Museum of Modern Art, New York
- 1975: I Platini di Irving Penn: 25 Anni di Fotografia, Galleria Civica d’Arte Moderna, Turin
- 1975: Platinum Plates, Photographer’s Gallery, London
- 1977: Street Material. Photographs in Platinum Metals, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- 1977: Photographs in Platinum Metals—Images 1947–1975, Marlborough Gallery, New York
- 1980: Exhibition at the Center for Visual Arts, Oakland, California
- 1981: Earthly Bodies: 76 Photographs of the Female Nude, Negatives and Silver Prints Made in 1949–1950, Marlborough Gallery, New York
- 1982: Irving Penn: Recent Still Life: Negatives 1979–1980, Prints in Platinum Metals 1980–1982, Marlborough Gallery, New York
- 1984: a retrospective, The Museum of Modern Art, New York
- 1986: Printemps des arts de Monte Carlo, Monte Carlo
- 1989: Cranium Architecture, Pace/MacGill Gallery, New York
- 1990: Master Images, National Museum of American Art and the National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- 1990: Irving Penn, Other Ways of Being: 100 Photographs 1948–1971, Pace/MacGill Gallery, New York
- 1990: Irving Penn: Platinum Test Material, Center for Creative Photography, University of Arizona
- 1994: Irving Penn: Collection Privée/Privatsammlung, Musée d’Art et d’Histoire, Fribourg, Switzerland
- 1995: Irving Penn Photographs: A Donation in Memory of Lisa Fonssagrives-Penn, Moderna Museet, Stockholm
- 1996: Irving Penn: Fringes, PaceWildensteinMacGill, Los Angeles Irving Penn
- 1997: Le Bain: Dancers’ Workshop od San Francisco, Maison Européenne de la Photographie, Paris
- 1997: Irving Penn: A Career in Photography, The Art Institute of Chicago
- 1999: New and Unseen, PaceWildenstein, New York I
- 1999: Process, Pace/MacGill Gallery, New York
- 2001: Irving Penn: Objects (Still Lifes) for the Printed Page, Museum Folkwang, Essen
- 2002: Dancer: 1999 Nudes by Irving Penn, Whitnew Museum of American Art, New York
- 2002: Earthly Bodies: Irving Penn’s Nudes, 1949–1950, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- 2002: Irving Penn: Still Life in Color, 1947–2001, Pace/MacGill Gallery, New York
- 2004: Dahomey (1967), The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- 2005: Irving Penn: Platinum Prints, the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- 2008: Close Encounters, Morgan Library & Museum, New York
- 2009: The Small Trades, J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles: a collection of 252 full-length portraits by Penn from 1950 to 1951
- 2010: Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery (London): an exhibit of over 120 portraits of people from the worlds of literature, music and the visual and performing arts Ir
- 2013: “Irving Penn: On Assignment”, Pace Gallery, New York City, New York I